Network setup

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Wed Oct 6 06:44:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 07:25:45PM +1300, Jim Cheetham wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2004, at 4:23 PM, Travis Hagglund wrote:
> >The sarge installer works with no additional configuration.
>
> I guess they ship with a larger selection of network card drivers in
> their kernel ...

Not so; in fact, Ubuntu ships with significantly *more* drivers.

The correct driver for this card should be 3c59x.  Travis, please try:

sudo modprobe 3c59x
sudo dhclient eth0

and tell us if that works.  If so, it is a simple matter to fix things so
that the driver is loaded automatically.  If not, send the complete output
from the "dmesg" command.

--
 - mdz