Disappointing Evolution

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Wed Oct 6 01:58:12 UTC 2004

Jim Cheetham wrote:
> Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>
>> Can you suggest an alternative for RSS feeds?  I used to use straw but
>> alas
>> that is not even included in universe!
>

> Firefox.
>
> It adds/updates the feed to the bookmarks - perhaps not quite what you
> are used to, but functional!
>
> -jim

Hmm.

Too much clickery for mine.

I've opened the default zillions of beeb news (it would not be my
choice, but then the Poms would prefer mine) to see what might happen.

Lots of spinning wheels to make me dizzy, and a very busy modem.

I think I prefer the Evolution summary page.

Note to hackers:
Canonical has a bounty scheme for doing useful stuff. Check it out. I
couldn't say whether this would qualify.