Burning ubuntu ppc iso on mac os x fails

Dave Miller justdave at canonical.com
Wed Oct 6 01:35:00 UTC 2004

John Levin wrote:

> Weird problem: every time I try to burn an ubuntu ppc iso on my mac os x
> systems, 'Disk Utility' unexpectedly crashes. This does not happen with
> any other iso - including the ubuntu x86 isos.
>
> Anyone had similar experiences?

Yep, I've been having this problem also.  I happen to have Toast, which
works fine, so I've been having to use that.  I'm told that the cdrecord
command-line program that you can install via fink works, but I haven't
been able to get that to work with my CD burner (Apple Superdrive).

Whether the CD image is malformed or not, the fact that Disk Utility
crashes when you try to burn it is definitely a bug in Disk Utility.  I
would certainly pester Apple about it.  (I've been submitting a crash
report every day or so ;)  If the image is bad, I would expect Disk
Utility to tell me so instead of crashing.  I kind of doubt that it's
bad since Toast burns it without any problem.

--
  - justdave