Is totem working?

Santanu Chatterjee thisissantanu at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 12:18:50 UTC 2004

--- Andy <ubuntu at arda.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Santanu Chatterjee wrote:
> > Totem is not working.

> The quick fix is to switch from gstreamer to xine
> (the totem-xine
> package if you want to do it via Totem, or use xine
> and xine-ui if you
> want to install it separately). You will probably
> have to add the
> "universe" repository to be able to install them -
> they are not part of
> the ubuntu main repository.

Thanks for the reply. I could not add the universe
repository, since I don't have a direct internet
connection at home. However, I copied the necessary
mplayer related files from my Fedora partition, and
it is working fine. However, this has given rise to
a different kind of annoyance which I have mentioned
in my other mail to this list (Some GNOME related
problems).

Regards,
Santanu