X trouble with 23" flat panel

Ronald van Engelen ubuntu-users at lacocina.nl
Tue Oct 5 10:46:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

I can't get my apple 23" hd cinema display to work with the ati driver.
The screen goes blank after starting X, regardless of the specified
resolution (tried each individual resolution ranging from 1920x1200
(native) to 640x480).

I did a 'apt-get --purge remove xserver-xfree86' and after that a
reinstall to get the probings right.

The graphics card used is the Ati Radeon 9600XT, the display is
connected through DVI, but this and more can be read in the attached
logfile (.ati).

The only way to get 'a' picture in X is by using the vesa driver. This
driver switches the resolution back to 1024x768.

The config file stayed the same during my trials; I only changed the
driver. I made a tarball of the logs and config file because of the
post limit of 40K.

Help will be appreciated!