Is totem working?

Santanu Chatterjee thisissantanu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 06:17:03 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,

I subscribed to ubuntu users list twice but still not
getting any mail from this group. Anyway, this is my
first mail to this list. Not sure whether this will
show up.

I downloaded and installed Ubuntu(warty). Things are
working smoothly, except that GNOME (mainly, Nautilus,
I think), seems to be very unstable. More on that
later,
but for now, the most important problem:
Totem is not working. I mean, it can play any mpeg
file
but without the display (i.e. no video, only sound)!!
I have not touched any setting till now. What I have
is an 'out of the box' install.

I have a PIV-2.8GHz on an Intel 845GLV motherboard and
using onboard audio and video.

Please let me know how to solve this problem. (Are the
necessary gstreamer plugins present?)

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee