Can't Install GNUCash

Daniel Saunders daniel.saunders at csiro.au
Tue Oct 5 01:26:17 UTC 2004

Brett Kirksey <ubuntu-users <at> valx.mailshell.com> writes:

> Oliver Grawert wrote:
>
> > in synaptic open settings/repositories and uncheck checkbox 1-3, then
> > check 4-7, click ok and reload your package lists, afterwards you can
> > search for gnucash and install it.
>
> Okay, I disabled the first 3 repositories and enabled 4-7. Still getting
> the error. When I try to mark gnucash-common for install it return
> "Depends: gnucash but it is not installable."
>
> Anything else I should try?
>
> Brett

The package you want to install is 'gnucash'.  If you can find that in the list
and select it, it should satisfy all the dependencies (meaning that it will
install gnucash-common).

Oh, you have clicked the 'update' button (the furtherest left button IIRC, has
two arrows for the icon, like a browser reload) in synaptic.  That will go to
the server and 'update' the package list.  It took me a while to find that as I
am used to the command line.  If at the moment you have an old package list then
synaptic won't be able to find GNUCash (and its required dependencies) in its
list of software.

Daniel