USB cdwriter

Daniel Saunders daniel.saunders at csiro.au
Mon Oct 4 23:04:52 UTC 2004

Oliver Grawert <hostmaster <at> grawert.net> writes:

> hi,
> Am Montag, den 04.10.2004, 17:14 +0200 schrieb Wim Vriend:
> > Hi,
> > If I use "sudo modconf" there is nothing happen
> so do it the manual way:
>
> run "sudo gedit /etc/modules" in a terminal, add a line that says: sg
> to the end of the file and save it.
>
> next reboot you'll be fine.
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Yes, sorry about that - oli has it right though.  I suppose I'm used to Debian
and some of the tools that are there by default.  It must be that Ubuntu is
putting lots of faith in hotplug/discover1 and thus there should be no need to
users to force the loading of any modules, thus no modconf tool.

Daniel