Broken mp3 support/xmms broken

Christoffer Soerensen ubuntu at curo.dk
Mon Oct 4 21:07:42 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've just done an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade. Now mp3 support is
not working anywhere: This is the error message I get:

(totem): "There is no element present to handle the stream's mime type
audio/mpeg"

(rhythmbox): "There is no plugin to handle a MP3 file."

xmms is totally broken now. At startup:

"xmms
libmikmod.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../sysdeps/generic/dl-tls.c: 72:
_dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <=
_rtld_local._dl_tls_max_dtv_idx' failed!"

ogg works fine in rhythmbox.

Regards,

Christoffer Sørensen