Netgear MA111 USB wlan on a G4 PowerBook

Niclas Sodergard nickus at nickus.net
Mon Oct 4 12:11:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

I installed the Ubuntu Warty release on my 12" PowerBook yesterday and I
must say I'm very impressed. Most things seems to work out of the box.
However, I have a Netgear MA111 USB wlan adapter. It is detected and the
right module is loaded when I plug it in but the it dfoes not work. It
seems like the wlanctl-ng command is missing. I compiled it from sources
available at the Linux WLAN-NG website and then run the following commands

wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=<your ssid> authtype=opensystem'

After that I can run a dhclient wlan0 to get an IP address.

cheers,
Nickus