can't login after using k3bsetup

Daniel Stone daniel.stone at canonical.com
Mon Oct 4 11:55:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 01:44:25PM +0200, Stefan Kluth wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Benjamin Edwards wrote:
> > So changing the ownershop and group of .ICEauthority fixes things?
>
> Yes.  For me and after running k3bsetup.  I guess the underlying issue is
> that the kde apps are not aware of the ubuntu way of using root
> privileges.  I have not (yet) tried to enable the root account and to run
> k3bsetup again to see if that also breaks .ICEauthority permissions.

Actually, the problem is that k3bsetup expects to have an ICEauthority
already set up as the user it's running as -> if you run KDE and use
sudo, you'll already have an ICEauthority file as KDE makes very heavy
use of ICE.

--
Daniel Stone                                        <daniel.stone at canonical.com>