Acrobat Reader - anyone got this installed successfuly ?

Denis Jacquerye moyogo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:05:40 UTC 2004

Hi Ray,

I think it's a good habit to install extra software to /usr/local
If you do so, you can even symlink the executables in /usr/local/bin

I have myself installed acrobat to /usr/local/Acrobat5
and have symlinked Acrobat5/bin/acroread to /usr/local/bin/acroread
$ sudo ln -s /usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread /usr/local/bin/acroread

I am now able to launch Acrobat with the simple "acroread" command.

Denis