How to access a Samba share without having to state username/password?

Dan Svarreby dan.svarreby at home.se
Mon Oct 4 10:07:16 UTC 2004

I'm a Gnome noob (as you notice in my question:-)

I have a share on a WinXP machine. I'm able to access it fine in
Nautilus. The problem is that I have to state my username, domain and
password every time I access the share.

Coming from KDE, where it's incredibly easy, I find it troublesome
having to write this information every time.

Is there a way of doing this "automatically"?

Is it possible to have this Samba share as a folder on my desktop?

/Dan