Graphical partition editor

Darren Wheatley darren at tenjin.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 07:39:48 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a dual boot system with one hard disk split between multiple ext3
partitions for Ubuntu, and a block of free space.

I've tried to use PartitionMagic 7.0 on WinXP Pro top create a FAT32
partition in the free space so that I can share files with Ubuntu (don't
trust the NTFS feature, and all other WinXP Pro partitions are NTFS) but PM
throws a 108 error as says that the whole drive is bad (something about two
values not being equal...)

Is there a graphical tool in Ubuntu that I could use to create a FAT32
partition in the free space? Does anyone have any ideas why PartitionMagic
is throwing a wobbly?

Thanks

D.