problem with Lexmark z53 and cupsys-driver-gimpprint

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 23:13:40 UTC 2004

cupsd doesn't exist on my system in init.d:

$ ls -l /etc/init.d/cupsd
ls: /etc/init.d/cupsd: No such file or directory

So to remove that package, it seems it needs to access a non-existent script.
Is there a way around this problem?  I just wonder if there was an
error as well when I installed it in the first place, and that's why
/etc/init.d/cupds didn't get created initially.

But I just noticed that there is a /etc/init.d/cupsys script, which
seems to control the cupsd service.  I wonder if that's the correct
script but under a different name???

Daniel