video player blank window with SiS chipset

John Harvey linux at monkeyc.net
Sun Oct 3 02:17:32 UTC 2004

This is a totem-gstreamer issue.  Remove it and install totem-xine and
it works properly, this resolved the issue for me

Also the mplayer packages can be downloaded from the marrilat sources -
add

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

to your sources.list and you can download it.  This is not in universe i
believe due to the non free and or legally grey codecs it uses but it
works fine for me with everything i have tried.

--
John Harvey
http://www.monkeyc.net
email : linux at monkeyc.net