New Debian installer released.

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Sun Oct 3 01:36:57 UTC 2004

Nick Kamenyitzky wrote:
> Considering the main focus of the ubuntu installer is that people aren't
> asked very many questions then I think that support for XFS and grub
> together isn't necessary (well at least at this stage) as the default
> install uses ext3 anyway so its not an issue.

I don't agree with that assessment. I always use ext3 because I don't
know any reason not to do so _on my systems,_ but OTOH I don't think a
user who does make such a choice should then be left to (potentially)
get a hosed system because they don't know (how) to avoid problems with
grub.

If a sane workaround pending a permanent fix can be managed in time for
Warty then I think that should be done.