Wireless configuration / Linuxant

Paul Hampson paul-lists at linux-hoster.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 21:37:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have just installed Ubuntu and looks great and the install was the
best I have come accross so far (ignoring GUI style ;-) ). However, my
PC is on a wireless network and my wireless PCI card is unsupported
natively, so I use software called Linuxant (www.linuxant.com). However,
it requires the kernel headers to install and these are unavailable on
your disk, and I have no net connection from within Ubuntu. Is there any
place else I can find the required files and their dependencies to save
me having to boot back and forth between OS's with net connection and
Ubuntu?

My card is a PCI Belkin F5D6001 ver3, based on Realtek 8180 chip, so if
anyone knows how to get this working any other way with Ubuntu I would
be most grateful of their assistance!

Regards,
Paul