Evolution and Spamassassin?

Lukas Kolbe lucky at knup.de
Sat Oct 2 18:21:30 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I got a little problem here that survived my former Debian-installation:
I use evolution and would like to use spamassassin for spamfiltering
(well, bogofilter would be ideal, but thats not integrated into
evolution, is it?). But it just wouldn't work - and I don't know where
to start searching for the problem.

I installed spamassassin and spamc from universe and killed my former
~/.spamassin, which didn't work either.

When I do 'filter junk' on a number of mails, just nothing happens,
even /var/log/mail.log shows nothing from spamd (although it's running).
Can somebody help me on that?

I use the same configuration at work with debian/unstable, and there it
works very well.

Thanks in advance,
Lukas