Import data from Evolution 1.4.x into Evolution 2.0.x

re2824 at SAFe-mail.net re2824 at SAFe-mail.net
Sat Oct 2 09:56:27 UTC 2004

 Hi all.

Firstly, thank you for a great distro! Now for the problem...

I have a tarball of my old ~/evolution folder containing all my old mail/calendar/contacts/settings etc. I also have a working installation of Evolution 2.0.1, but there are so many individual files in the old backup that I'd rather not import them on a "one-by-one" basis.

Is there anything I can do to get everything over in one go? I've read (somewhere) that installing 2.0.x over 1.4.x automatically imports everything, but it hasn't happened for me, and I can't work out how to start this process off manually.

Many thanks,

Jaime