Installation problem

Jean-Marc Bourguet jm at bourguet.org
Thu Nov 25 21:00:03 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I've tried to install Ubuntu Linux on a new disk for my three years old
computer.  The computer is able to run Ubuntu from the live CD without
problem.  The first part of the installation was without problem, but
at reboot I got a black screen without any indication that something
was taking place.  The HD light flashed for some time then stopped.
But I didn't get any of the familiar kernel messages. I tried to push
some random keys (ESC, Space bar, Enter, F1, F2, Alt-F2...) without
visible effect.

I've some experience in running Debian systems, but allways followed
the stable stream and never had to solve such problem and I had never
used GRUB so can't even guess what to try.

As far as I can tell after having mounted the partitions in which I've
tried to install Ubuntu, everything seems correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yours,

--
Jean-Marc