How to get LinNeighborhood working?

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 07:58:18 UTC 2004

I don't know how to fix the problem with Lin Neighborhood, but I've
also been unsuccessful in browsing my Windows domain with Lin or
Nautilus. However, I have found a program to work flawlessly:  smbc.
It's in the Ubuntu universe. There's also xSMBrowser which is more
graphical and also seems to work okay--but SMBC seems the most
reliable. It's old-fashioned MC style, but it gets the job done.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:58:21 -0500, Bryan Pizzuti <bpizzuti at verizon.net> wrote:
> Most times when I try to use it to set up a drive mount, it gives me an
> error stating that SMBMOUNT is not installed as SETUID root or
> something.
>
> LinNeighborhood is the only thing properly browsing my domain at work
> (Nautilus just can't seem to do it).  So I NEED to get this
> working...any ideas on how to fix it?

"Impossible is nothing."