How do you make a copy of a CD in Gnome?

beeldings ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Nov 30 03:14:25 UTC 2004

I believe you would install cdrdao and xcdroast.

$ sudo apt-get install cdrdao xcdroast

Run xcdroast as root and configure it based on your system's hardware,
save the configuration file, exit xcdroast and then run it as your
normal user account. Save the configuration file and then you're free
to use xcdroast as you see it. Or at least this is how I configured
xcdroast on my system.

http://www.xcdroast.org/
The home page for xcdroast. If you have trouble configuring the program
or what to learn how to do other tasks with it, like burn an audio CD,
check out the manual. It's very informative.

There are other CD/DVD burning programs available through Synaptic, but
xcdroast is the only one I've used. I downloaded gcombust, but removed
it almost immediately since it just looks ugly. :)

--
beeldings