.sxw file gets a zip-icon, when scand. letters in the name

Sven Wagschal s.wagschal at bengelhaus.de
Mon Nov 29 08:27:24 UTC 2004

Petri Pennanen schrieb:
> I did have the problem with OpenOffice.org not beeing able to open
> documents with Scandinavian characters. [snip]  I tested with the following locales:
>
> 	en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
> 	fi_FI.UTF-8 UTF-8
> 	sv_SE.UFT-8 UTF-8
>
> To switch loacale run
> 	sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
> pick a UFT-8 encoding for your locale, then login out and in again.

After applying these changes everything works as usual. Thank you very
much. It would be nice if that would be done by the installer,
configuring the appropriate locales for the chosen language using the
UTF-8 part, too. For new users it is a little bit confusing being not
able to open a file (.doc or .sxw) by double-clicking.