ML Donkey anyone ??

Trouilliez Vincent vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 29 07:04:40 UTC 2004

> for mldonkey to use other networks then edonkey you have to enable them.
> look in the webgui or better use the sancho-gui from
> http://sancho-gui.sourceforge.net/
> its the best gui for mldonkey so far and comes in a lot of flavours.
> the gui that comes with mldonkey s*cks :)
>
> hope this helps.
>
> ulrich

Thanks Ulrich. Didn't find 'sancho' in Synaptic, but on their site they
provide binary that's ready to run ! :o)
Yes, has big pluses, the interface is responsive, and it has GTk
widgets.
But it has minuses, apparently it only connects to Edonkey network,
wheras the ML Donkey's GUI connects to 3 networks, and, although it does
have Gtk support, it still has ugly windows/KDE like icons all over the
place which ruin everything sadly.

So

1) Hopefully some kind and competent soul amongs Gnome developpers, will
add Gnome icon support, so that it becomes a real Gnome GUI
2) how do I enable all the other networks then ???

Vince