ML Donkey anyone ??

Robert Parker bposs at dodo.com.au
Sun Nov 28 14:25:27 UTC 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 19:53, Trouilliez Vincent wrote:
> > You might want to try Limewire. I have had good reports of it. Though I
> > can't talk from experience.
>
> Didn't find it in synaptic. Had a look at www.limemiwre.org but not much
> info, no screenshot, not .deb package nothing, and it seems it's a
> commercial company that want money for it.... not for me then.

There is a no cost version, it's not FOSS though.
www.limewire.com/english/content/downloadfree.shtml
AFAIK no spyware, adware etc.

There is another version that you can pay for too, it has more features.

> > It does connect to the Kazzaa sites if that's what you mean by Fast
> > track.
>
> Well I don't know, I didn't mean anything in particular, it's just the
> ML Donkey's GUI has a network called "Fast Track", whatever it is, don't
> know if's related with Kazaa nor what Kazaa is either... don't know much
> really ! ;o)

I think 'fast track' is the name of the engine that powers kazaa and others.
That's the limit of my knowledge.