Mirroring i386 locally

Iain Young iain at g7iii.net
Sat Nov 27 17:51:52 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 04:31:05PM +0100, Markus Amersdorfer wrote:

> (I'm currently just setting up a local mirror myself and I've only done
> something like that for Debian Woody before, but I guess this should be
> similar enough ...)

You might want to look into apt-proxy. You point it at the
ubuntu/debian/demudi/whatever other .deb archives you feel like, then
point your /etc/apt/sources.list at your machine running apt-proxy.

I found it invaluable while I was stuck on Single Channel ISDN
(Download each package only once, then its local) and its stil usefull
even now I've upgrded to ADSL.

It acts like a mirror for the packages that you actually use, rather
than mirroring every single package.

Iain