Problems with the serial port

Soren Hauberg soren at hauberg.org
Sat Nov 27 16:06:10 UTC 2004

Hi Everybody
I'm one of the few people on this planet that still uses the serial port
(I need to up/download stuff to/from an old robot). I don't have any
problems uploading to the robot but when I have to download from the
robot I lose data. About a month ago there was no problems with this but
  a couple of days ago data started to get lost during transmission.

I work on an old laptop so this might be a hardware problem but I don't
think so.

Any ideas on how to procede?

Thanks,
Soren

P.S. I forgot to mention that I'm using Hoary