java

David Coldrick coldrick at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 03:11:36 UTC 2004

Color me confused. How does Sun Java come out non-free (capitalized or
not :-))? What's the difference between including NVIDIA drivers and
including Java?

Sure would like to get to the nub of this and find out exactly what
the problem is. I'm no lawyer - and I'm definitely not speaking for
Sun - but my understanding was that the licencing was now less
restrictive to the point that it could indeed be redistributed. For
example, Mandrake now includes it.

Regards,
David