UTF-8

domestiko domestiko at vodafone.es
Sat Nov 27 00:52:05 UTC 2004

I've upgraded to Hoary, so I think this is not a question to be placed
yet, but, if I could have some clues, I could rest more peacily.
Let's go.
I had read that one of the goals of Hoary was to be set up all on UTF-8,
so I changed my locales {by dpkg-reconfigure locales} to
UTF-8.es-es at euro. At first, it was all a mixed up, but day by day,
upgrade by upgrade, the error messages were disappearing.
Not all of them, but.
How is it going to be the implementation of UTF-8 in Hoary? Will all the
programs change to be adapted? Or will it be by means of an internal
'translator'?

I keep on learning.