Can't run VMWare 4.5.2 in Hoary

Timothy Ha linuxmail at yandex.ru
Fri Nov 26 21:45:22 UTC 2004

Perhaps it is Hoary problem only. But at last I found a way:

1. First install kernel 2.6.8-1-686 - Hoary comes with 3-386 instead.
2. Download and install kernel-headers 2.6.8-1-686, too
3. use the vmware-any-any patch
4. vmware-config.pl then compiles modules for vmware without errors.

Sorry for troubling you in such a short amount of time with several
letters. Hope that my case helps somebody.