pimp

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Fri Nov 26 10:20:17 UTC 2004

hi,
Am Freitag, den 26.11.2004, 09:36 +0100 schrieb Bo Rosen:
> I have this in my /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://www.grawert.net/ubuntu/ warty universe
evonotify dates a bit before ubuntu, i made it a userspace tool, it
installs completely in your /home/$USER in a dir called .evonotify....
in the pre ubuntu times there was no sudo on every system, so i decided
this would be the best way to enable all users to install it without
admin privileges ...

currently you have to use the tgz (after installing the dependencys
mentioned on the evonotify site... with synaptic/apt) and run the Setup
program (just doubleclick it in the unpacked archive)

i am considering to make a ubuntu package, because this is not the first
time i get this request, but i refuse to make a menu entry just for
setting up the filter (you would use it only once and never again) and
have not had the right idea how to solve this, as i want it to work
completely automagically....

sorry if this causes inconvenience....
:)

ciao