weird gnome task bar behaviour...

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 00:55:26 UTC 2004

What dictates in Gnome, what order it places the task bar application bars?
For some reason I can see any logic in the way it works..
for instance.
If I open a nautilus "home directory window" it immediately goes to
the left or "first place" on the bar. If I then start a terminal
session it goes to the very end unless synaptic is open in which case
its second last as it slots in in between my realplayer session and
the synaptic session.

It makes it very difficult to use and I'd like to change this
behaviour cause its driving me nuts :-P

--
Ubuntu Warty 4.10