Swat no longer installable!

dave dave at rodrig.com
Thu Nov 25 17:10:39 UTC 2004

I don't have much to offer on your swat problem, but I think I can help
you log into webmin.

Check what root's password has been set to in
/etc/webmin/miniserv.users.... if you set root's password after
installing webmin, it may still be set to 'root:*', which is what mine
looked like.

At installation, webmin copies root's password from /etc/shadow to
/etc/webmin/miniserv.users. I simply copied the second field from my
user's /etc/shadow entry (the hashed password) to root's miniserv.users
entry and now I can log into webmin.

good luck
Dave