Burning needs

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 15:57:20 UTC 2004

> As far as I know, the only thing that the Nautilus burner can't do is
> audio CD's (full Redbook standard or otherwise). Because that requires
> more work than just dropping the files on a disc (mastering, pq
> editing) I kinda doubt we'll see anything like that in the near
> future.

nautilus-burner cannot erase a cd-rw.  I was trying to use the command
"cdrdao" the other day to burn a VCD, and cdrdao expects a blank CD.
That's when I realize that I couldn't blank one of my alredy used
CD-RW solely using nautilus-burner.

> The bigger issue for me is taking audio OFF a disc, doing a CDDB
> lookup, naming and tagging the files the way I like 'em, and encoding
> it at my desired settings. Sound Juicer falls short of almost all that
> functionality. Doh!

I use grip and easytag from universe to do all these steps.