.sxw file gets a zip-icon, when scand. letters in the name

Petri Pennanen suvarin at home.se
Thu Nov 25 13:33:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 09:29 +0100, Bo Rosen wrote:
> tor 2004-11-25 klockan 09:08 +0100 skrev Sven Wagschal:
>
> > Same here for German. If the file name contains öäüß etc in its name,
> > OOo is unable to open the file by double clicking it. The program opens
> > it without any complaint using the open dialogue in OOo itself.
>
> Same thing for Swedish and an old .sxw-file. I also just created a
> new .sxw-file with Scandinavian characters and it also shows up as a
> zip-archive and opens in file-roller.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Bo

I did have the problem with OpenOffice.org not beeing able to open
documents with Scandinavian characters. I was able to fix it by changing
encoding from ISO.8859-1 to UTF-8. It solved the problem and has caused
no grief (I'm running Warty btw).

Creating a .sxw-file with Scandinavian characters and opening it in
OpenOffice.org works just fine. Nautlius recognises the file as a sxw as
well. I tested with the following locales:

	en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
	fi_FI.UTF-8 UTF-8
	sv_SE.UFT-8 UTF-8

To switch loacale run
	sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
pick a UFT-8 encoding for your locale, then login out and in again.

- Petri