Burning needs

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 09:59:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:15:19 +0100, domestiko <domestiko at vodafone.es> wrote:

> {Can I suggest something? Does it not have a tool to send away those
> archives and .deb's which have no use anymore? Everytime I install
> something which I don't really need, just to taste, some archives come
> into my hard disk. Can I know which ones I will never need?}

I don't know of a GUI for this, but the archves are kept here:

/var/cache/apt/archives

so the command "sudo rm file.deb" should take care of that.

> A cd-recorder is missing. K3b is no use anymore {I have tried to install
> it in Hoary but kcontrol doesn't want to get installed, so
> goodbye-so-soon}; Arson, who knows how to make it work?; gtoaster,
> eeeeech!; and nautilus-burner, mmm, it's useful for what it is useful,
> but nothing else.

As far as I know, the only thing that the Nautilus burner can't do is
audio CD's (full Redbook standard or otherwise). Because that requires
more work than just dropping the files on a disc (mastering, pq
editing) I kinda doubt we'll see anything like that in the near
future.

The bigger issue for me is taking audio OFF a disc, doing a CDDB
lookup, naming and tagging the files the way I like 'em, and encoding
it at my desired settings. Sound Juicer falls short of almost all that
functionality. Doh!

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu