scanner only as root

Sebastian M=?ISO-8859-1?B?/A==?=sch sebastian at sebastian-muesch.de
Wed Nov 24 22:03:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

I think, you'll have to change the Access-rights of the device-node, so the
scanning-User has Read/Write-Access.

To do this:
1. Create a group called scanner (or a group you'll like)
2. Add the users you want allow to scan to this group
3. Add a code sniplet to an init-script to chown and chmod the device on
boot, so the users of the group "scanner" can RW on it.

(The device may be /dev/sgx ... where x is a number, the first scanner gets
0, the second 1 ... If you are unsure sane tells you the device it's using
;-) )

cu
Sebastian

--