Install problem - Can't see partitions on the first disk

Lloyd D Budd foolswisdom at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 16:48:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:58:24 +0100, Nemeth Gyorgy <friczy at freemail.hu> wrote:
> I have problems installing ubuntu. The situation is:
> > now my /dev/hda8 is empty, I would like to install Ubuntu there but when
> I try to install, installer doesn't see the partitions on it. It can see
> the partitions on hdb or sda but not on hda. I can select only the disk
> itself but in this case the installer wants to make full new partition
> scheme which I don't want to :)

"...ROMeyn" wrote in another thread that may relate :
"ensured that the drive was hard-jumpered to be "Master" and not "CS"
(Cable Select) as many seem to come these days.  Until I did that, I
also "looped" in the partitioning process.  It drove me nuts for a
minute or two until I realized that the drive wasn't even being
detected by the installer!"

--
Peace be in you ,
Lloyd D Budd