Boot Splash Howto anyone ?

Trouilliez Vincent vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 23 21:58:03 UTC 2004

> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/UbuntuArtwork  is a good start.

Thanks Daniel, will try that :o)

Sadly for the most important part, the kernel loading/unloading, I
looked in the archives and saw a comment from a developer of Ubuntu
saying that this feature is part of the Kernel, and that the Ubuntu
Kernel doesn't have it ! :o(  I kept searching, and saw that there is a
kernel patch on Synaptic, downloaded it, but then realized, stupid me,
that you have to recompile the kernel of course. And I fear this is
waaaaay beyond my skills. Well, unless someone shows me that it's not
that difficult... :o)
However I seem to recall reading somewhere that this patch was only for
2.4 kernels ?

Looks like all I can do is play with GRUB (as it sounds much easier to
do than recompiling the kernel !!!), and wait for Hoary to be released
in 5 months, with a super marvelous technically superior fantastic fully
graphical system ;o)

Regards,

Vince