Another reason not to use sudo?

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Tue Nov 23 16:28:00 UTC 2004

john,

i remember setting up the ssh daemons, ssh.com i think it was ,
that allowed the implementation to be fine-grained at least down
to the user level, meaning, if 'ssh -p' switch, one can only login
into $USERNAME's account also @reboot, all traces of trust disappear
as far as the last session. he must re-authenticate - old connex get
fried......and he never needs or gets to ever be ----- root..

we wanna avoid allowing uid to resolve to 0 whenever possible.

ben,

relax, use .v2. and stop using telnet and getting sniffed

ssh v2 default ciphers 'out-of-the-box' encrypt to at least AES128
IETF Draft level AND a non-trivial amount of effort is required to
TURN IT OFF.

IT doesnt expose ANY user/pass traffic. you dont even need passwords.

NETSEC CLASS 101 - RULE A. - NEVER ALLOW GUEST ACCESS TO THE SYSTEM -
EVER!!!!

Prior capitlization intended.

Every logs in using the appropriate name using the appropriate credentials
using previously prescribed media and methodology otherwise your corporate
security policy (if it exists is 'tu')

almost no one will know the root password, if YOU dont tell it.