Hoary Updates

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at canonical.com
Thu Nov 11 10:30:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 03:06:23PM -0600, Santiago Erquicia wrote:
> I just updated to Hoary.  I have a few problems.

As Hoary is our development tree, don't be suprised about problems
like this :)

> Even though I updated my locale to UTF8, when I open synaptics it says:
> """""""""""
> The grafical user interface (xlib) does not support your chosen language
> environment
>
> Synaptic can crash if you decide to continue with unchanged localisation
> preferences. Language values like "fr_FR.iso8859-15 at euro" are not
> supported. Use values like "fr_FR" or "fr_FR at euro" for your language.
>
> Contact the mailing list for comments or help:
> synaptic-devel at nongnu.org
> Include the output of the "locale" command in your email.

We are aware of the problem. Synaptic is the only application that
complains that loudly about the problem but if you start any gtk
application (e.g. gedit) from a terminal you will get lines like:

"Gdk-WARNING **: locale not support by Xlib".

We are working on this issue.

thanks,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ