Install problem - Can't see partitions on the first disk

Lloyd D Budd foolswisdom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:04:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:47:13 +0100, Nemeth Gyorgy <friczy at freemail.hu> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 12:31:31PM -0800, Lloyd D Budd wrote:
>
> > Others will likely present better solutions, but I think you will find
> > bypassing the installer all together not difficult:
> > <http://archive.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/dists/warty/main/installer-i386/current/doc/manual/en/apcs03.html>
> > and maybe configure apt to use the CDs debs.
>
> It seems good for me. I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot.
It is fairly directly derived from Debian's instructions of the same nature
3.7 Installing Debian GNU/Linux from a Unix/Linux System
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-preparing.en.html>
which presents more options for the 'Install debootstrap' step .  If
you are installing from Debian , that step from
<http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/InstallFromKnoppixHowto/> may be most
satisfactory .

--
Peace be in you ,