USB pendrive not mounted, errors in DMESG

Andrea Pusceddu a.pusceddu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 17:53:33 UTC 2004

to help on focusing the problem:
If I reboot, then run device manager it starts normally. If then,
keeping the device manager open, I plug the pendrive, I the device
manager recognizes the device, I get bunch of details about the
player, all seeming correct. But again the pendrive isn't mounted, I
don't have and scsi device in /dev/.
If I close the device manager, then I can't no longer reopen it
because I got a "hal is not running error". the pendrive lcd display
reports "reading...." whereas normally it should report "ready".

The pendrive crashes hal, and then crashes itself. But under other
debian based distros it works!!!

--
Andrea