OT:Licensing/XDMCP/Code Weaver

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Nov 22 14:37:53 UTC 2004

Ben Edwards wrote:

if you where a little further up the M5 http://www.openadvantage.org/
might be able to help.  I'm not sure what situation is with out of area
calls from charities so you might want to ask for a chat anyway. Ask for
jono and tell him I sent you, or just abuse his beard ;-)

> This is a very strange email to be writing and we are set against
> using propriotery software but finding a good accountant who knows how
> to use FLOSS accountancy software has proved imposable (and we are not
> convinced there is a sutable free software option anyway).

http://www.clocksoft.com/endusers_applications.html

PayTHYME (THYME isn't SAGE ;-) ) covers the payroll side of things but I
think their accounting software is currently undergoing a revamp.  They
develop software under the GPL using python and pyqt.  They do alot to
support Free Software and all their developers are Free Software
advocates (plus their cheque just cleared ;-) )

you might want to give these guys a call.  Ask for Kat and tell her I
sent you ;-)

> Ben

sparkes
--
<davee> "Sparkes, the Pete Best of LugRadio"