Gaim Encryption

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 22:34:27 UTC 2004

Yes, that's the problem: no gaim-dev package for Debian. It looks like
Rob will make one at some point, I just hope he does it soon. I wish I
knew enough about all of this to create it myslf. Until then, no
Gaim-Encryption it seems without breaking the whole system. I might
have to go back to Fedora until this gets worked out :-(. That's one
difficulty I've found with Ubuntu - it's a great distro, perhaps the
best, if you just want to stick with what's supplied (and a lot is
supplied--no complaints there). But if you need to be able to install
more recent updates/bug-fixes or other packages for some reason, it's
difficult to do without breaking your whole system. I guess that's
what Hoary is for, but it doesn't sound so stable, so I'm more
inclined to go with FC3.

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:36:59 +0100, Oliver Grawert
<hostmaster at grawert.net> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Sonntag, den 21.11.2004, 07:53 +0000 schrieb zerohalo:
> > I was able to build-dep gaim and install gaim from source.
> > However, when installing gaim-encryption from source, I get the
> > following error:
> > unable to find gaim.pc
> > I set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH accordingly, but still no luck :-
> this probably sheds some light on all the gaim build problems in here:

> so i think its time for patiency......or to break you packaging
> system.....
>

> ciao
>         oli
>
> --