Power Down problem

LongTooth ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Nov 21 05:54:45 UTC 2004

This is a problem that should have been fixed long ago when it first
surfaced. But seeing how it wasn't, the advice:

Add 'apm' (no quotation marks) to the list of modules in /etc/modules

Works like a charm.

Sudo gedit /etc/modules       (I prefer gedit)

password: your password

Add apm to the file opened. Save and reboot.

I've installed Ubuntu on my test box several times and it works each
and every time. There was come concern that it would not work with
older PCs. I've got a PIII with a 500MHz processor and have no problems
with this procedure.

--
LongTooth