Configuring yaboot on a Macintosh

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 16:30:32 UTC 2004

Hi all, my very first Wiki :-)

<https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/YabootConfigurationForPowerPCsEGMacintosh>

This documents what I did to change the default boot behaviour for
yaboot on my PowerBook. Normally, the yaboot configuration installed
by Ubuntu assumes that you'd prefer to have Ubuntu be your default OS.

Since I'm not the only person using this computer (& the other person
using this computer ain't no fan of Ubuntu yet ;P) I had to make sure
that it would automatically boot into Mac OS X on boot. This Wiki
explains how to set Mac OS X (or Mac OS 9) as your default boot OS.

PS Please feel free to fix it, change it, whatever.

PSS Someone has also posted a Wiki on how to install Ubuntu onto an
"OldWorld" PowerPC! (YellowDogLinux does so there's no reason Ubuntu
won't)

Sincerely, Eric.