hoary : x server won't start

zzillezz zzillezz at zzillezz.net
Fri Nov 19 16:23:32 UTC 2004

Hi,

I updated my system from warty to hoary using apt-get, but after
rebooting I get an error when the system tries to start the Gnome
Display Manager. It says 'ok', but then my screen goes black for a few
seconds, then I can see my mouse pointer ... and then I get a text
message that there's already running an X server and that the system
will try to start an xserver on a different screen??

Anyone has a similar problem / solution? :-)

Thanks!