Dropping support for Mozilla suite?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at canonical.com
Fri Nov 19 13:05:54 UTC 2004

Hi Ubuntu folks!

In Tuesday's community we discussed about the future of Mozilla. The
Mozilla foundation seems to fade out support for the legacy Mozilla
suite (packages mozilla-browser and mozilla-mailnews) in favor of the
splitted new FireFox and Thunderbird packages.

Therefore we would like to confine our attention to the new programs
and drop support for Mozilla in Hoary if there are no serious
regressions.

So we have a question to the community: are there any advantages that
you see for Mozilla that FireFox/Thunderbird do not have? Would you
seriously miss Mozilla if we dropped support for it?

Thank you a lot in advance for any comments and have a nice day!

Martin Pitt
on behalf of the Ubuntu Developers

--
Martin Pitt                       http://www.piware.de